Sunday, November 11, 2012

Response to Question 2





Article that I read:
Scholastic Administrator. (2012). Nothing to fear, how to build a classroom based on trust. Retrieved from http://www.scholastic.com/browse/article.jsp?id=11644

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great article, I will make sure to check it out!

    It seems like that happens with a lot of new teachers, they start out trying to be a little feared by their students so that they will behave, but as an observer of such classroom dynamics, there is something uncomfortable about that which you can feel as an outsider to the classroom.

    I think establishing trust in the classroom among the teacher and students and between students and students is a difficult thing to do, but SOOOOOOOO essential to the kind of learning we are trying to encourage. When we do that, students get that they have people alongside them who will advocate for them and who want the best things for them. It becomes much easier to have high expectations for students- because they know we trust them to do great things and look out for their own learning interests.

    ReplyDelete